Saturday, September 22, 2007

ABOUT ME- part 2

[the greatest tribute I can give to the sentiment in the verse below is by NOT EXPLAINING it! Btw, u see a SLAPSTICK in this picture below …]


Of Ratpacks, Wolfpacks and Slapsticks

An affirmative word,

A simple nod,

A “these-things-absurd

Make-you-prettily-shod”…

A thought for a spark,

A smirk at the inane,

Aiming the Higher mark-

Skipping the Shallow, the Vain…

Feet firm on the ground,

As they ought to be;

Each step profound,

An imprint to see…

Ages have passed,

the words still ring;

a mind unsurpassed-

none matched the wing.

Pearls retained from the Oeuvre;

Heartfelt blessings for each;

Solitary in this “genre”-

Compelled to screech….

Compelled….

And the knots breaking free;

Untangled the ropes ought to be…

Our Father, in heaven thou art;

Pray, set right the apple cart..

By….

An affirmative word,

A simple nod,

A “these-things-absurd

Make-you-prettily-shod”…

While one waits,

Look up the map,

And spot the Stick

And/or the Slap…!!

*who says Orkut is all evil—it has helped me remain sane this way, everytime…*

[when I uncovered a tiny little lie – (not tiny by my standards,though!) ..quite by a lucky chance]

"People may not be upset that you lied to them, but they may be upset that henceforth they can't believe you.. ”

******

[pained by Plagiarism .. from the most unexpected quarters!]

Respect was ALL she ever gave you.

Pity you had to lose that too..

Ahhh… if only you had humbly returned her the basket,

after filching the fruit that SHE had gathered…

*shakes head in utter disappointment*

Only IF....

I guess that makes another Pack in the list—

the highnosed-Simian-packs…

******************************************************************************


[On August15,2007]

AYE MERE WATAN KE LOGO…

Happy 61st Anniversary India!!
In the din of the celebratory drumroll and fanfare, an important message will be lost...
I think it's important that we hold up a mirror to our faces-- n pause to THINK.
recognize the man in my disp pic?? no??...
well, he was THE FACE of the bloody n heinous acts committed by 'US' in the Gujrat Riots...
a poor, common Indian..begging a mob of rioters...to be SPARED!!
crying .. with folded hands...
perhaps cursing his identity...
of being from community A/B ...
or worse....that of being AN INDIAN...
Happy Independence day, indeed!! ..
but before we hoist that flag tomorrow , n get swayed momentarily by pseudo-patriotic sentiments.... try to imagine, what DID become of this man??
Is he still alive?
What about his family-his wife(we wud never know...anyhow we all know, what was done to women is reprehensible enuff to melt down the camera lens )/ his kids/parents??
...
Did We kill Them all?
or did We spare THEM??(We=community A and They=Community B)
Or do we simply not care..??
Very true, u do have better things to read(esp: on Orkut!!)..
but this is not really about some abstract notion called "patriotism"...
it's about YOU---
how safe n secure as an Indian are you??
n how safe n secure your fellow Indians are, because of you??..
Gujrat-2 can happen anytime...
any moment..
ask
ur neighbour his/her opinion on THAT section of ur country's population, n u will perhaps get hair raising responses..
n u mite find urself wondering...

WILL I BE NEXT??...

PS. I wud say celebrate Independence Day by watching 'AMU'.
Happy Independence day :)
... n I will rephrase a well known quote by John F. Kennedy..

"think not whether you can be proud to have been born on Indian soil, think whether the soil would be proud to have given birth to you."

[In response to Kanchan’s complaints that she does not have an ear to hear her heart out.. like my Heena K, or my guardian angel of a sister J.. her profile had read something like .. “I too want an Echkay(read phonetic version of HK or heena K..) , I too want angel.. sob sob sob”]

Y does everythin inMyLifeBoilDown2-"SCREWED"!

Winky,Winky.. *shakes head*
do I look watered and fed??
I smiled a bit, though dunno why..
now, dont u cast an evil eye!!

So what if I got an ech kay..
she's not in my prison cell,nay!
Oh fine I got my Angel sis..
just 2 good things-all rest's amiss...!

mind you, I am stuck in Blunder-land..
a tiny brain- n no helping hand!..
pathetic, u know, when my heart flips..
My saving grace are "loo trips"..
where I drop a tear, or two sometimes..
a penance for some uncommitted crimes??

a smile was all i ever sought..
Ech Kay n di are all I got :(

While you simper, I only sigh..
don't u cast an evil eye :(

Winky, Winky *shakes head*
note these words, once wisely said:
(feel free to gimme a Wee-loo Buzz)
"a House-elf is , as a house-elf does" ;)

*New SP(R)EW Member Notification!!
Name: Heena K.
Nickname : Ech Kay
Occupation/Designation: House-elf

Other skills/interests/qualifications: Ragpicking

IDENTITY:FOBBY (Fred + Dobby)*

" I'm sorry, did my back hurt your knife?" - Rachel Karen Green to Monica Geller, F.R.I.E.N.D.S

***********

[a tiny tribute to life at JMC]

" Let there be no discrepancy between the lists that you give me and to the others. Let all the lists be the same. Let there be no confusion" - *nottakingnames ;*

CD n me :" Thou shalt be given the same list, Ma'am. Thy list would be the same :D "

a toast to my was-a-Guardian Angel....

I dun like this ... :(

No one to pick up things I drop/forget behind ..

No one to keep a check on my roll call...

n NO ONE to make my life a living hell.. or to help me make sense out of this messy affair!!

this is not fair!!!

Read this and fly on cloud nine CD .wenever u login that is ... :)

(I hope u need not be reminded Arps, as to who I’m referring to as CD and WHY!! )

*************************************************************

[during my end term exams—need I explain the context of the content ?? :P]

‘Rockbottom’ redefined

You know what,I had thought that I had hit rockbottom
when I had my first disastrous encounter with MBA..but nowwwww www....

THIS is rockbottom: __________

a....n.......d

....................

......................

......................



....................

......................

......................

....................

......................

......................

... HERE I AM !! :(


hey arps,ritu..I KNOW that u KNOW this is not an original one...
wat to do..I have run out of all originality :(
... dont worry tho.. m all :D these days.. :D :D

[this one is self explanatory… read: here, jaypeesee = JPC or Junior Placement Committee, referring to Swati D. J]

By popular Command(n demand),
tHE ROCKBOTTOM bit has been lifted (jaypeesee mortally threatened me,
HRH warned me against stealing her Drama Queen Tiara ;)
Gurgles/Winky Ma'am held up a mirror to me .. -tho how is Robby@rockbottom better than Winky@point of no return?? :D-
Arps n Ritu -- my pilllars of strength have been getting Hyper-activ(a) on the Ac tiva..
..
sooo here goes all I have to say....
"I promise, my sorrow wud show no trace..
im thrillled at being this waste-of-space.."

hehe, those who got it ..got it ;)
Arps, will do
ur blog thingy now that i have the time to breathe.. :D
Ritz has broken her leg :( ... told ya ...she was hyper-activa on her activa..plss wish her a speedy recovery in
ur hearts ...
..
okayy ..more later...
Bulletin ends thus for today..!


Un4getableQuotes from RRADSSS@JMC :D :D

Christy: (exasperated) Arrreyy Christy ko kya pata verma kaisa paper set karega!
Is question mein itna likhega toh kitna marks dega!!
Arrrrey Christy set karta hai paper?! Christy check karega?!!


Christy ko bolne mein hichkichawat(hesitation) ho raha tha …. :D


Oh
St. Peters’ Square.. was just like the Jalaa-yun wala BAG massacre..

(on being corrected) … Oh..watever… JAll-yun wala …
(on being corrected again) … Gen Dyer wala massacre…ALRIGHT?!!

Simi :Wahan se chalo, mujhe kooday mein jaana hai
(intending to walk upto the dustbin)

Tune mujhe dhakka GIRAYA?!
(upon colliding with me, n falling back)

Classic ones from the Hon’bls ..

**** : So, Kaaaahhnn—zeee-kwent-leee, on un-a-li-sisss, we fah-ind that…
*record stuck* we Fah-ind, we fah-ind that… every thing becums TAAAAP-SEEE TURRR-VEEE… :D


“mannat….Prim-vaaadaaa” … (taking a roll call –note: Priyamvada :D- this slayed me n smitha every morning

***I don’t think I can put up the rest here … this is too ‘public’ a forum :D***

just a tribute to RADSS@JMC.... Haven’t done this one properly tho…
the Saturday thing has got me in full swing :D

... signing off for now.... Shruti :D ...

No comments: