Tuesday, October 16, 2007

:D It just struck me the other day... Part 1

That I keep telling stories ... about someone I know... to someone I know...as a result of which ..everyone I know happens to know everyone else I know :D

(The other day, didnt Rajita get all excited to see Arpita on Orkut ... coz she had heard so much abt her ...she found the name extremely familiar ... n pinged her!! )

well, I just realised ...that these testimonials I have written for my friends (errr... yeah I do that a lot ...one, coz I love doing it ..esp: for those who deserve this profiling from me ;) and Two, coz well, testis from me are always in demand :P :P :P - now u see the immodest side of the the lowly Shruti..
I realised that these charcter sketches should not go waste ..... say for instance, Arps n Ritu u have heard too many evil things about Mannat from me.. I guess I never bothered to tell u that she was my Guardian Angel at JMC .. n how!!)
Ditto for all the others ....
well, I'm now compiling the Profiles of all these people ... written by me ... for ur benefit ... n mine!!
hope this will make some interesting reading.... :D ] ...

here goes... in chronological order...

errmmm .... here's the very first one I wrote ..this one was for Arpita ....

This is just to embarass u a bit on a very public forum..Here's a poem that we "co-wrote" with me..(Shut ur eyes arpita, it's one of those dirty skeletons in ur cupboard)I titled it....
An Ode To VJ's Metallurgy
This is the story I tell you...
Dirt in an ore is called GANG-YOO;
waSHING in water what you get...
is BLISHTER COPPER want to bet.
One thing you will totally loathe...
is that SICK-SICK, WHITE-WHITE FROTHE (rhyming with "loathe")
And the result is so TEMPTY-the whole furnace is IMPITY!!!!!!!

Need I remind you the sing song tone that goes with it( from a VERY POPULAR song) that'd make u cringe
Luv

[correction..this was the very first one I wrote ...for Kanchan ...
the day i created my orkut account..from her invite :D .. i thot i owed her one ...coz she was the one who encouaraged me to go ahead with Orkut...
It's easy to make out that we were just those "weekendaquaintances " with little idea about each other, back then ...]

Hiya Kanchan, You'd like to know this about yourself ..tho must of it is stale news really.I think you are dedicated,clear headed,eloquent, and sincere in whatever you do.Well, I'd like to say more but don't know you well enough( its been just a few "weekends" right?)..Oh, may I add to that list another trait of yours..(positive or negative can't say!)...obsession with details-if u know what I mean.Good luck in life..think you deserve it

(here's the one I wrote for my Best Friend (altho personally, she is not a friend at all...shes like a sis .... my family .. now wonder she gets the same "taken for-granted - coz she will always be there " treatment from me ..just like Di ..)

My BEST-est FRIEND Ladies and Gentleman....n I'm proud to introduce her to u(m the one who coaxed her into joining orkut, n it took sum effort,given the lazy bum that she is!)Let me make a correction, she does not count as my friend, but as a little sister..n wat a character she is, phewww!!A great singer, an extremely happy-go-lucky(sumtimes unlucky) person,(my mum loves her so much, that ever since i've left Jodhpur , she's become her "adoptive daughter shruti"- really shruti, mum said so herself once!She's beautiful(both literally n oherwise) n wears her heart on her sleeve- which is really why people think it's OK to exploit that li'l quality(m not sure abt that) of hers to their advantage...just coz the world knows she has a HUGE heart, where she can accomodate just abt anyone. This is not really a testimonial shruti, this is a very public appeal to you- u are too huge a person, to be affected by the riff-raffaround you- so plzzzz I want "my" shruti back-ASAP!Lots of Love n blessings!!!!!!!!!

[Heena khan, now better known as my Ech Kay ;) ... she is off orkut now ... she claims...FOREVER. I wrote it on a special request from her... evn tho the one she has written for me..makes me wonder...whther she evn remembers who she is talking about!! ... i mean seriosuly, arps, can u relate with the shruti she has described in that one- AT ALL? ..well, except the 'resourceful lab partner' bit :P]

Call her HEENA Khan, Heena KHAN, or HEENA KHAN….she’s ur 21st century “funky” writer- minus the “intellectual jhola” ..my sole supporter in taking up cudgels against BJP( we were the only two Congress supporters in a class of 60). Our Snape’s (aFavourite kid( arrrreeyyy beta..special treatment wud always be given to “my own “ kids, no?)n of course my better half in the chemistry lab-she knew exactly which reagent to steal, from whom n when ..the uncrowned president of our informal little Harry Potter Club..(we were all strong contenders tho)…only hens khan could have come to my place to do “the SOXHLET APPARATUS project n Practials” work..copy from my file, on MY bed-cum-table n then have the cheek to look at my “art” on my door n go..”what a cheap imitation of ARPITA!”…Hey I miss our “pseudo intellectual discussions” n what not…did I mention the “FALL “…she once enacted an Ash from Devdas in our classroom..followed our Physics teacher , running like crazy after him( who had no clue)…
n sumhow, fell down dhup! At the door!!was that a spectacle..*shuts eyes n reminisces*!!...a great friend, who was almost as vocal abt everything as I was, but yeah wid a lot more sense!! Will get back with more soon n sumhow, fell down dhup! At the door!!was that a spectacle..*shuts eyes n reminisces*!!...a great friend, who was almost as vocal abt everything as I was, but yeah wid a lot more sense!! Will get back with more soon

[Smitha !! - one of the RRADSSS@JMC]

To begin with, it's Smitha n not Smita mind you...I've known this girl for almost 2 something yrs now n yet there's a lot abt her that i'll try to put down in a nutshell...Extremely responsible, takes respnsibilities n mundane duties willingly, n discharges them with perfection---however mundane they may be...has been kind (n talented) enuff to play the role of THE UNDERDOG to perfecion in each of our plays...From Anarkali's nerdy salim, to Sita's Geeky Ram (with the sad n cute YOOOOO!!!)..n of course, our Class Representative, she has become a perfect but happy punching bag for us n our teachers alike!..she wont tell u wen shes down n out (she'll just be so..n ull know automatically)...cannot help breaking into a wide grin followed by a silent,supresssed laughter sitting rite under the teacher's nose...n helplessly looks around for others to share in her joke.I think she has the cutest little brother--do ask her some of his great stories--
Oh n Her mom amkes deicious dosas n shes kind enuff to bring them to coll on the few days wen I'm not fasting!..n I gotto say, in our group, only she bothers to keep in touch with all on orkut!!..God bless u Smitha, wherever u go n in watever u chose to do.PS: M thrilled u chose F.R.I.E.N.D.S as ur current profile name..mera n mannat ka kida lag gaya,...finally!


[The first real testi for Arpita :) ]

I was waiting for your b'day to do this.....*drumroll* *Clears throat*...I donot know where to begin, coz it's hard to imagine that there WAS a time wen i did not know Her(note the captial H)..Firstly, she's like a hydrogen atom(duh!!)--needs to be paired to let her personality shine in all its glory, so it's always been Arpita-nita soni, Arpita-Shilpi, Arpita-Shruti Shah, ANDDD it'sArpita-Ritu....Her greatest strength is her Wisdom n Silence --she knows she cant always talk sense n therefore choses to listen n speak at appropriate times...n yet she Never looks down upon motor mouths like me..(cud it be Me??-maybe M JUST too good!!)Also, she's ethical-I actually respect her opinions u know(not that I'm a force to reckon with)...I've learnt dropping all inhibitions to get ur ANSWERS, from Arpita.She sleeps like a log n does okay in her life --so tht's a ray of hope for all the lazy bums out there..

for me, her brains(hehehe lets not elaborate), her amazing caricatures n wat not r just a minute aspect of her personality--her greatest quality is that she's all ARPITA from head to toe, at all times, there's a certain energy that she exudes-positive (or negative), but sooo "arpita"...Before u start thinking where does this Arpita-Chalisa end...not that one will not get hurt,angry or feel being unfair-ed with her around-not that she's all white(as tho anybody is..) but the good times with her more than make up for everything else---knowing her is a lifetiem experience, very fullfilling n mentally n intellectually stimulating(even tho r folks always thot we never talk abt nething other than F.R.I.E.N.D.S or harry Potter...it's NOT TRUE!!)..God Bless you Arpita..wherever u go, watever u choose to do in life..u deserve the best(dat is whyyy u have ME!--uh-oh wrong illustartion dat was,but u got my point, didnt u everyone's "BEST-BUDD"?)
********Continued in the next post***********

No comments: